Get Lost in IMDb

When I was a young soul, my family would play this game called get lost in the country. We would drive out onto the gravel roads and my dad would start asking my brother, sister, and me which direction to turn. Inevitably, we would end up in a corn field or in Derby or Humeston or some other dinky Iowa town. It was great fun all the way around.

Now, one of my favorite websites is the Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com). On this site, you can look up any movie, actor, director, etc. and find out instantly the information you were looking for. An example of how I use this site. I'm watching an animated film and I think I recognize one of the voices, but I can't quite place it. Navigate to IMDb.com; type in Charlotte's Web; and boom, Andre Benjaman (aka Andre 3000) is the voice of that crow.

I also like to click on actor's bios to see what other films they have been in. I just watched Night at the Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian and I, of course, recognized Clint Howard. Now Clint Howard has been in more films than Britney Spears has been in other men's beds. I was pretty sure he had played the same character in another movie. But I couldn't remember 1)If I was right and 2)What movie. So off to IMDb and, voila, "Oh, yeah he was in Apollo 13." I'm so smart.

This website is also a tremendous help in training for Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

So now merging these two things together I present Get Lost in IMDb. The rules are simple. Type in an actor's name or movie title. Then start clicking. Here's a recent journey of mine.

Self: "Crap, what's that kid's name from Juno?"
Juno
Michael Cera
Arrested Development
Portia de Rossi
Dead & Breakfast
David Carradine - *side note: Does anyone have more appearances credited as himself?
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Quentin Tarantino
Inglorious Bastards

Now off the apple.com to see if they have a trailer up for Inglorious Bastards.

1 Comment:

  1. Paula Reece said...
    Ooh, fun! And I won't end up at the dead end of a dirt road! :)

    I never know any actor's name (you know that). Maybe this could help me earn a little respect from you when it comes to pop culture, huh?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home