American Idol Recap

Tonight is Rock night. Slash is the guest coach. Without further ado, here we go.


Adam
"Whole Lotta Love" - Led Zepplin

Big risk with song choice. To me it was a Vegas version of Led Zepplin. Adam could star in the Cirque du Soleil version of Led Zepplin. Adam does way too much shrieking/screeching. I really like him when he is more controlled and subdued. Listen to Zepplin's version and get back to me.

Adam how about some White Stripes? You could have really done a better job and not risked being compared as much with the original artist.

Kara just put Nine Inch Nails and glam rock in the same sentence. Seriously? I got two words for you, shut up! Judges are trying really hard to get Adam out of the bottom two and into the finals. This is as shamelessly as I have seen them pull for a contestant.

Adam loves the Zepplin.

My suggestion: "Seven Nation Army"- White Stripes

Allison
"Cry Baby"- Janis Joplin

Great song choice for Allison. Fits her rasp perfectly. Adam has a hair girl? Who knew?

Great performance. Very bluesy and soulful. After "critique" by judges, she shoots a little sass towards Simon. Probably earned some votes there.

My Suggestion: Can't really find fault with her choice. Maybe "Me and Bobby McGee."

Kris
"Come Together"- Beatles

Nice job. Kris is the best artist remaining. He puts his spin on every song he does. In my opinion, he did a better job with the Beatles than Adam did with Zepplin.

Suggestion: Definitely made the right choice by choosing the softer side of rock.

Danny
"Dream On" - Aerosmith

Full disclosure: Danny is my favorite coming in.

Bad song choice. Rock really isn't his genre, so a difficult spot to be in. The scream at the end was a little rough. He was better in the duet. He definitely belongs in the final two.

My suggestion: "Outshined"- Soundgarden or "With or Without You" - U2

Duets.

I like the idea. It's a good way to compare singers side by side.

Danny and Kris
"Renegade" - Rush

Don't know who picked the song, but it definitely favors Danny. Danny blows Kris away on this song.

Allison/Adam
"Slow Ride" - Foghat

Weak. Boring. Wasn't feeling it dawg.
I really had higher expections.
Randy says it was the bomb. I say it was a stink bomb.

My suggestion: "The Mess We're In" - PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke (probably not well known enough, but they could have knocked this one out of the park.)


My predictions:

1. Adam
2. Danny
3. Allison
4. Kris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home